Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Fire Safety

So does anyone know what to do when you have a grease fire? Well there is the standard thing to do... cover it up with a lid or something...but what it its coming from the inside of the burner?? ha ha well I learned the hard way. Last week Austin and I had the missionaries over for dinner...well I was making chimichangas which you deep fry and then I was making homemade tortilla strips...I threw all the tortilla strips into the oil at the same time and it started to overflow onto the burner. A couple min later I look over and there is a huge fire coming from the stove... well the missionaries hopped up and one told me to throw flour on it...and IT WORKED. So if anyone out there has a grease fire and are not sure how to put it out, just throw some flour on it! Ha ha.

7 comments:

The last Unicorn said...

I didn't know Missionaries had fire safety training as well!!! This story is hilarious!

Cal said...

That's what missionaries are for! To put the fire out. I will remember this if I ever find myself in a grease fire situation.

Lauren Swainston said...

Please don't die before the next time I actually get to see you, thanks.

Danielle Locken said...

i hope your tortilla strips survived

melissa said...

HAHA!!!! i love you guys. sara- email me so i can add you to my blog - melissamorales8@gmail.com

Cailean said...

Sara! You're going to think I'm completely nuts but it's me, Cailean, from your old neighborhood on Somerset in Bellevue! I've been able to connect up with so many old friends via Facebook and tonight I thought about you and your sister. I wasn't able to find her but I did find your wedding blog and then this one. WOW you are so grown-up and completely gorgeous and you guys are a beautiful couple and look so happy! I'm so happy for you! You can click through to our blog - my husband and I met at the LDS Institute at UW and we have 4 kids and live in Seattle. So good to see you!

Jessica Speed said...

That's good to know! Thank goodness for missionaries!