Tuesday, January 6, 2009

WASHINGTON!

I just love that state :) So Chirstmas night me and Austin flew up to spend time with my family up in Washinton for a week. When we got there it was dumping snow my mom was nervous if she would even be able to pick us up.... so tecnically we had a white christmas yay! Well it was a lot of fun up there mostly we just vegged out at my moms, played with the dogs in the snow and watched movies. But a few days me and Austin went into Seattle, which is seriously the best city. I took him to the Seattle Science Center. It was an all day affair. We went to a Beattles laser show (which was pretty overstimulating, but hey it was the beattles so it was great!) then we went around and looked at all the exibits and played around it was so fun, i felt like a kid. But seriously one of the best parts of the whole place was the tropical butterfly exibit. It is so cool you go into this huge heated room with all these tropical plants and there are hundreds of butterflys flying all around you and you can just sit and watch them, some landed on Austin. They were amazing!

My mom has a pet boarding business and so she had two dogs stay with her while we were there this is Jabba running ha ha he cracks me up!!
Austin throwing Moose snowballs, he was such a rad dog.
Me and Austin laying on the floor at the laser show..it was pretty cool just cause you got to lay there on the floor and watch the show on the ceiling.


This butterfly started out on his hand and then walked up his arm and neck and then ended up on his head it was so funny :)

So on new years eve me and Austin went to the EMP (experience music project) It is so much fun it has a bunch of exhibits about all these different musicians and then they have all of these hands on exhibits. We did this thing where you go on stage and there is a virtual crowd sceaming and singing and real stage lights and we perform on stage ha ha it was very cool you really feel like your perfoming for this huge crowd. Then we went into some of the recording booths and jammed... you can play drums guitar or piano... its such a fun place. After we went and got some thai food and walked around pike place market. This was a sculpure in the middle of the building, it is a bunch of different guitars..so cool!

Austin took a picture of me through one of our glasses.


After our night out on the town we ended up at my sisters apartment in Seattle and helped her move...so we were pretty tired and decided to spend the rest of the night at home with my mom and watch the ball drop. ha ha i wanted to be festive so i made each of us paper new years hats.
..........HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!..............

4 comments:

Wells and Chrisi Brockbank said...

Can I just say that Austin is absolutely perfect for you.. You guys are the best match. I am so glad that he finds all the same fun things you enjoy, enjoyable as well.. haha.. really, it looks like you two are having a blast and I am so happy that you found each other.. I miss you and am still pretty bummed because I have yet to make it on a trip with you to Washington... What the heck???

Dana and Chase said...

how fun! I want to go to washington so bad!you guys are such an aweseom couple! my husband always says how impressed he is with your haloween outfits! HOpe you guys are enjoying good old california!

Ash Kelley said...

Washington sounds amazing! I've always wanted to go! Does really rain all the time??

Cal said...

Oooh. Seattle. Number one on my list of US cities to visit. I've never been there but it looks AWesoMe! I wonder if I could do a butterfly beard like how they do bee beards. Hm.