Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Germany and Italy and a fond farewell!!!

Wow I have not posted in awhile so I am a little behind....

GERMANY

Well I can honestly say we didn't see to much of Germany (ha ha mostly from our crazy road trip in our rental car) but we did get to stay with the sweetest girl in Frankfurt, Jenni!! We found her on couch surfing and she was so sweet to us and so much FUN! When we got there we all went out to dinner and she introduced us to the most delicious kebab restaurant (hands down the best we have had). She has the cutest apartment we had so much fun just hanging out and talking, Im hoping we get to go see her again!! Thanks Jenni for everything, and for the amazing map we never got to use!!!!

Saying good bye in Sweden.....

Well on our last night in Sweden we wanted to take Rolf and Annette out to dinner because they made our time in Sweden so special....the food was extremely tasty...and the company amazing as always...they even gave us a Swedish key chain

yes those amazing fluffs are potatoes....and they were pretty fantastic

This is probably the first real salad I have had the whole trip...and if anyone knows me I LOVE my salads...oh how I miss those leafy greens :(The day before we were able to go and see Michelle and Helene for one last time, she gave us each Swedish soccer shirts ha ha they are amazing, we are really going to miss that sweet duo!

Good bye Sweden and to everyone that made our stay there so incredibly wonderful!!!


ITALY

Well Italy was amazing basically because I got to see my friend Staci!!!! She is in Rome for 2 months for work (how cool is that???) so i was excited to go and see her. Me and Austin flew into Pisa and then took a train to Florence for the day...i just love that city....but i was so excited to go to the Uffizi Museum! They have one of my favorite paintings of all time there and it was truly amazing to see it in real life and so close up...


I loved this
...Italian painter and vespa parkingOutside the museum


Here is a picture of my favorite painting... we couldnt take pictures in the museum so this is off the Internet....


So stinkin sweaty on the train ride....
After spending the day in Florence we took a train down to Rome to see my pal! So Staci felt the need to give us a wedding present (even though she didnt need to AT ALL) so her idea was to take us out to dinner all three nights we were there!!! Seriously it was the best wedding present ever, getting to eat dinner in Rome with one of my friends!! Thanks so much Staci you are seriously so amazing! And to top it all off she let us stay with her!! It was so fun to see Rome with her :)

So the night we arrived in Rome we went back to a very special place... (I think most know that story)...who knew that two years ago when I left a treasure in the walls of the Vatican city, for this guy I was "sort of" dating, that I would be able to come back to the same spot as his wife!!!


ha ha yes we are that lame that we did this...how cool are our hand made Michale's craft crowns that they had for us? they really went all out!
So they have these drinking fountains all over Rome and you just plug the hole with your finger...are there you have it...the water is seriously so good!!

One day while me and Austin were wandering Rome...it was seriously like a million degrees outside so we stuck our feet in a fountain along with a bunch of other people...ha ha we even saw a grandma get in and start swimming around and doing the backstroke...yes the backstroke in the fountain...needless to say she got in trouble :)
The Vatican and us striking a pose

YUMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!ha ha doesnt look easy to ride
Gelato....DOUBLE YUMMMMMMMMM!!!

ha ha so one day we were walking back from the Vatican and Staci said she always wanted to lift up one of the loose stones on the walk way and see if there was a treasure underneath....so Austin being the buff man that he is, helped her accomplish this dream of hers...well...sadness...there was nothing underneath so we decided that for the next adventurer to look under a loose stone WE would leave a little treasure (or note) ha ha it was fun :)
The NOTE
Yay Italy once again you did not disappoint!! Thanks Staci for everything we had the most amazing time!!



11 comments:

Tami said...

How fun to revisit the treasure hiding place and I love the matching outfits and pose. Only you two could pull it off. Italy looks like a dream and your photos really capture it. I hope someone finds your note some day. How funny would that be to get an email? Sure appreciate the update.
Love and miss you, Mom

Cal said...

I can't wait for when you guys get an email in 20 years :)

Mia said...

as always i love it! the pictures the stories everything!

I hope someone does find your note.. what a story that would be to tell!

speaking of... sara what's this story of the treasure hiding?

Anonymous said...

Again, love the photo essay! How fun to visit the "note" hiding place! Love the drinking fountains, what's up with the graffiti everywhere?! Sad! How fun to make your own Italian geocash. When Jason was in the Mission home in Provo while on the top bunk he accidently pulled off the top end cap of the bed and to his surprise there was a note from another missionary written when Jason was about one year old! He added another for someone to find! It was cool. Love you guys.
Irene in Bellevue

The last Unicorn said...

Seeing the pics of Rome makes me think of when I was there... it was so freaking hot and we were sweaty messes. I remember sneaking up and taking pictures with those guys outside of the coliseum. And the gelato is to die for!
I love the story about the note... it's like I am reading a love story everytime I look at your blog :)

Happy Paws Dog Boarding said...

Hi Guys,

Hey Sara, love the pictures of you in Rome with Staci. Who would have thought back in 2000 you would be having dinner in Rome with her! The black and white picture of the painter in Rome looks just like my Dad. It really surprised me when I saw it. What fun to re-visit the place where you placed the treasure note. Looking forward to September. Love you both.

Mom xxoo

RussellsRoost said...

How fun! So I totally recognized the hiding spot before I even read it. That is so cool that you got to go there together! I will have to remember ....When in Rome, do the backstroke in a water fountain. Have fun!! We love you guys!

Rhett Maurice Billen said...

I noticed you said they were the best kebabs "we've" ever had.

I just wonder if they were better than the ones Austin and I had in Australia.

Now that I think of it, those Kebabs might be impossible to beat since God paid for them.

Richelle said...

sooooooo fun! i love all the pictures, and the stories are even better. you capture it so well i feel like i'm there! thanks for letting me travel vicariously through you :)

Anonymous said...

Hey there guys,

thank you so much for your kind words, it was my pleasure having you here with me! If you ever come back to Germany, please make sure to call me!

All the best for the rest of your trip!

Love,
Jenni

PS: Plaese be my friends on CS also :-)

Miles Of Style said...

i absolutely love ur blog....it has lovely pictures of all the places i've been or want to visit....

we went to Italy for our honeymoon last year...we loved amalfi and rome...esp rome by night...all lit up and so pretty!