Sunday, August 23, 2009

San Sebastian, Spain-One eventful day....

So Spain is unbelievable. The countryside, the people, the everything! We just so happened to get lucky and arrive in San Sebastian on the first day of La Semana Grande, (The Big Week). Nobody really knows the history of it but we think it's pretty much just an excuse to party and have a firework contest. Each night there is a firework show put on by a different city and there are judges that judge color, rhythm, size, etc... It was by far the best fireworks we've ever seen, especially because they explode right on top of you! haha. So this video is pretty much what everyday was like during La Semana Grande.



P.S. Ugh... I'm really sorry about the quality of the video... I'm trying to get down my compression specifications...

P.S.S. Yes, Gonzalo really IS the Prince of Spain! (Well at least to us anyway...)

9 comments:

Wells and Chrisi Brockbank said...

gosh, my life is sooooo boring.. haha.. I wish that we would have done something like that.. you guys are just too cool... we love the videos.. keep em coming.. Chloe love love loves the music.. she just sits perfectly still and watches all your movies....

Tami said...

Loved the video and what a blessing to find a generous friend like "gonzo", even if he doesn't get the concept of gainers. What a hoot, watching the fun you are having. Looking foward to Sara's photos and commentary. Spain seems like a beautiful place.
Stay safe. We miss you. Mom

reefonline said...

YAY!!!!
Surf pics this weekend yeah???
very nice video!

Whitney said...

I loved Gonzo and the Gainers! Where are you off to next? Let me know when you're headed to Morocco so I can see if I can hook you up!

RussellsRoost said...

Hey!! I loved this video!! Infact... I am going to go watch it again!! Only you guys would be so lucky to just so happen to get there in time for "La Semana Grande" or what ever the heck it was called!! Soooo fun!

Ash Kelley said...

that was incredible!

Mia said...

by far my favorite video you guys have posted! I love the watching it especially Gonzo trying to do the filp in the pool....

The fireworks are A-M-A-Z-ING! nothing like that here in the states. Have a blast you guys and please keep posting all your adventures!

SO JEALOUS!!!!


ps. Austin the videos are so well put together bravo! also i love the "soundtrack" to them all...

Cal said...

Que maravilloso

Jessica Speed said...

You guys do some fun stuff! Glad you guys are able to go to all these beautiful countries and document it so people like me ;) and enjoy them! And thanks Sara for the help on shopping!