Thursday, December 10, 2009

ISTANBUL part one

I seriously LOVE Turkey! We lived in Istanbul for about a month with the most AMAZING family....we got to see and experience so much while we were there it was so much fun :)

The people, the beauty, the food, and all of the experiences have been some of my favorite memories so far....It is just such a spectacular country



so (I am a little behind...but) here are pieces of Istanbul...hope they help you to love it too!

This is one of my favorite pictures...this was at sunset and me and Austin were walking home, we stopped on this hill to look at the view and it was so amazing...

First and most Importantly....THE FOOD!

wow the food was unreal....seriously unreal!
(this was me and Austins favorite meal ever)


this was apple tea...so yummy its like drinking an Apple Jolly Rancher....and Baklava the most delicious treat



more delicious things we ate...



yum. Turkish Pizza!


Next....are the fantastic Markets....So much to see AND buy :)
There is the Spice Market...and then the Grand Bazaar, I loved them both

Austin feeling right at home with a bunch of other fruits ha ha...(that was for you Dirk)



I bought a bunch of these bowls....I just couldn't resist they were so neat

this guy is selling Simits...they are really really tasty, and they sell them EVERYWHERE


Another pic I love :)

More of Istanbul to come....

10 comments:

Tami Walk said...

I have to agree that the food did look especially yummy and different. Thanks for sharing the sites of Turkey. I would think the smells in the spice markets would be over powering, but it looks so cool and the shopping wow. I especially enjoyed the fruit joke. Thanks Sara!! Miss you tons. Mom

Danielle Locken said...

seeing all of the cool things you bring back will be so fun. if you wanted, you could turn your house into a world market

RussellsRoost said...

So cool!!! We miss you guys! I hope you guys will be somewhere you can skype when we go to CA in a few weeks. We can't wait to talk to you guys!

Alea said...

Wow! So beautiful!!

Richelle said...

That food look amazing! And I can't wait to check out your nativity set when you get back. You are quite the photographer, I really enjoy seeing your pictures.

Cal said...

I'm so jealous of those bowls, and the food. Bring back recipes so you can make the food for all of us! :)

trueblue said...

i loved turkey too! did you try the turkish delight? are you getting pretty good at backgammon? (it's cinnamon, by the way) glad you guys are safe. since i have no idea where to send your christmas card to, merry christmas!

Hi! said...

I'm dreaming of some place warm (last two weeks temps 16-25 degrees F)and am starving, the food looks delicious. I had soup and will go to bed for that warm place. Poor me, lucky you! I'm so jealous of the markets, I would LOVE those!
Have a happy day!
Love, Irene in Bellevue

Dillard Family said...

I ate a McTurko today and thought of you. Your blog is amazing. It is like a magazine. The photos are cok guzel! We miss you. We are looking forward to seeing all your adventures to come. Take care!

Cailean said...

Wow what an amazing part of your trip. So colorful! Thanks for sharing all of this. Is this an around-the-world trip? How long are you gone for?