Thursday, February 18, 2010

New Zealand part 2

My favorite day...
We have been in New Zealand for about 2 months and so far this was my favorite day. We went to 2 of the most amazing beaches I have ever been to
-hot water beach
-Cathedral cove


Hot water beach
is so cool....basically you dig a hole in the sand and you have BOILING hot water....so you have little hot tubs everywhere. You have to mix in some cold ocean water or you pretty much scold your skin...its really neat.


Austin is NOT naked in this pic (even though he looks like he is)


ha ha Brad is just relaxing and enjoying it


Now Cathedral Cove....
It is so wonderful. You have to take a 40 min hike to get there and it is so breathtaking....and then you get to the beach and it looks like
THIS!


AND I went swimming....and didn't even rash that much! yay it was so fun swimming out to this rock with Austin.



a little cave...

4 comments:

Maurice&Tash said...

drooling

Cory Walk said...

Dang I wish I was there!! Rexburg sucks haha

Hi! said...

What an amazing place, so diverse, so beautiful! Thanks for sharing all the fun pics. I have been missing your blogging, too few and far between. How can I live a vicarious life if you aren't giving me substance? :)
Love you,
Irene in Bellevue

Rhett Maurice Billen said...

Good 'ol Gayna the Buddha.

At the beginning of one of the Chronicles of Narnia movies it shows the kids playing at the beach and it's Cathedral Cove. I think it's Prince Caspian. You probably already knew that. . .