Saturday, July 25, 2009

Prague (Praha)

Well we packed up some small backpacks (leaving most of our stuff in Sweden at the cabin we have been staying in) and did a mini trip to a few different countrys...and our first stop was Prague in the Czech Republic. This is probably one of the most beautiful cities we have seen!!



I have to say me and Austin have seen some pretty awesome things on this trip so far but when we turned the corner and saw the St. Vitus Cathedral for the first time we actually Gasped ha ha OUT LOUD! It is really THAT amazing!



This was what you see right as you enter the church.....WOW!

After getting out of the Cathedral you come over to a view of the whole city of Prague! It is so amazing!


ha ha so me and Austin were relaxing on this bench, I got up to take some pictures and when I turned about someone had taken my place...and she was sitting just as close ha ha I couldnt stop laughing...I had to be all sly while taking this picture cause I didnt want her to see.


Charles bridge down town


They had little Marionette shops all over the city



There were so many amazing streets that looked just like this one, and everywhere was cobblestone streets... and the view of the Tyn Church in the Old Town Square was so cool, it looked fake!


After a day of walking around the city we ended at a park on top of Petrin Hill, it has rose gardens, restaurants and the most beautiful view of the city. So we sat up there and watched the sun go down and then saw all of the city light up at night, it was so wonderful!!!


Late at night back on Charles Bridge looking at the lights of the Prague Castle


Austin in the Subway


Lastly... I LOVE this picture. We were on the bridge and this band was playing such cool music and the man in the middle was playing a wash board... how fun!!!

12 comments:

Tami said...

The lady on the bench is hilarious!
She seems so oblivious. I love how Austin doesn't side over. Thanks for the laughs. That church is amazing..,I am sure the pictures don't capture how massive it is in real life. Wow, What a beautiful city. Thanks for keeping us with you, as you adventure the world.
Love, Mom

Unknown said...

my favorite is the last picture too!!!!!!!!! miss you guys.

Rhett Maurice Billen said...

last photo is my current all-time favorite. Keep 'em coming.

Love you guys.

Whitney said...

Fabulous update as always. Incredible photography, and another great story. Love you guys!

RussellsRoost said...

HEy guys!!! Prague looks so Awesome!!!! I totally want to go there!.. That is where Seths friend Rion always goes and talks to us about! He loves it over there. I love how close that lady is sitting to Austin, I guess they on't have "personal space" there:)

Mia said...

Beautiful pictures! I work with a guy whos wife is from Prague. They tell me it's an amazing city!! I want to go there for sure Now!

Thanks for all the updates!

Happy Paws Dog Boarding said...

Hi Guys,

I cannot believe how beautiful Prague is, especially at night!!! I laughed so hard at the picture of Austin and "the other women" on the bench(: Your pictures are so good & they capture your experiences so well. Keep them coming. We look forward to following you around and appreciate your time and effort to allow us to experience everything as well. Loved SEEING you yesterday!

Love, Mom xxoo

Dirk Walk said...

I love all the pictures.
Austin I love the one with you and the lady on the bench. You can tell by the look on her face how happy you made her by letting her sit so close to you on the bench!!! Love Dad

Wells and Chrisi Brockbank said...

oh wow Sara- these are beautiful sights to see even if we just see them in pics.. I love checking to see where you and Austin are. It makes me feel like I am there too.. haha.. miss you and am so happy that you are having such a good time... soo cool...

emilyl.dobson@gmail.com said...

We got a good laugh about the lady sitting by Austin! That picture is halarious! glad you are having an awesome time!

Cal said...

Love the pics!

Anonymous said...

Part of your text came through coded so I'm not sure what building or church we are looking at, but again your photragraphy is incredible. Love the music group and the lights of the city, and of course Austin's girl friend!!
Love, Irene in WA