Sunday, July 12, 2009

Sweden and Denmark!!!

WELCOME to Malmo Sweden....
Let me start out with the two people that
have made this whole Sweden experience
possible... Anette and Rolf...
Well we arrived in Malmo, and Anette and Rolf
picked us up from the train station... and it has been
fun with them since...

They have been so amazing to us the whole time that we
have been in Sweden. They let us borrow their car,
they find us bikes,
they take us on tours of Sweden,
they help us find anything and everything!

Honestly I dont know what we would do without them...
and best of all they
invite us to sweet BBQs
with their fantastic friends.

This was the first night we got there and they had us over for a BBQ.
We pretty much were there for six hours laughing uncontrolably.
Rolf and Annette, and their friends, are seriously the best!


Then the following weekend... their friends, Violet & Peter,
invited us to another BBQ/Kareokee Bananza!
They dominated the mic, while Austin and I butchered
Sweet Caroline haha. (But they didn't seem to notice).
This pic is of Peter singing 'California Dream'n' (dedicated to us)
everybody else showed off their skills, and there was
dancing...yes dancing!!! it was pretty much
AMAZING!!



We have been staying at this amazing little cottage
(compliments of Rolf and Annette)

And let me just say this is pretty much what we
have been doing in sweden....

-Bike Riding (around town)
-Going to the Beach(on our bikes)
-Bike Riding (to the store for food)
-Lounging around the cottage
-Bike Riding (to church)
-Playing in the sprinkler
(it had been so hot and ha ha yes we are 5)
-Bike Riding (just for fun)
ha ha yes we have been doing a LOT of bike riding...
pretty much all of Sweden rides bikes...most of the time,
it is so much fun and I love it...
BUT
sometimes
when it is windy and im in a skirt riding home
from church...then its not as much fun.

Bike riding to Anettes and Rolfs to pick some cherrys...
yummm!!

ha ha Rolf and Austin eating a Swedish hot dog!

Me and Austin at the pier where EVERYONE goes to lay out...
its not the beach but it sure is pretty.


So basically the ward that we found in Sweden has been so
incredible I am really sad to leave (We have been there for 3 sundays
so we have been able to get to know everyone)
. They speak in Swedish
the whole time but EVERYONE (and I mean everyone) speaks
English in Sweden (unless your over 80 or under 7) so we
have translators in every meeting. The people in the Ward
have been so kind we cant even begin to thank them all.
..............................
This is one of our favorites, this is Helene and her daughter
Michelle. They had us over for family home evening and dinner.
ha ha we had the best time ever and we are going over again next
week.... Helene is so incredibly sweet and her daughter is so funny!!



ha ha the shopping carts in Sweden...they look like the ones
you hold in your hands but they have wheels...ummm you
cant buy too much with these...Sweden does not buy in
bulk that is for sure!!!


I love this pic of the phone booth...so cool!

Me and Austin in Lund, a small town outside of Malmo..
it was super cute!!!



This is pretty much what I see everytime I look at Austin...
AM I ON REALITY TV?



DRUM ROLL PLEASE.... Copenhagen DENMARK!
So since we have been staying in Malmo, Copenhagen
is just right across the bridge!!! ha ha oh so convenient so
we thought we would check it out.
This was by far my favorite place in Denmark it was
this little boat town named
Nyhavn it was so incredibly
cute me and Austin just sat next to two guys playing
their accordians and chilled it was
GREAT!!!


I love this pic!!!

Just chillin outside of the palace!

So at twelve noon at the palace they do a changing of the
guards...we couldnt miss that!

We were so lucky...we got to do a session at the temple in
Copenhagen. It was such a neat temple and we got to go with
three other people from the ward, which included the
De Sousa Family. They have been OH SO nice to us....
having us over for soccer games, dinner, taking us to temple sessions,
laundry you name it talk about giving service!!! We have
been so blessed to have them :)

and yes.... there is more bike riding in Denmark!!

Well I have more pictures of downtown Malmo to share
a little later.... so ta ta for now!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You two have found friends for life on your adventure, what a blessing. I laughed out loud at the tiny shopping cart,are you kidding! About the same size as your bike basket, maybe that's the plan, they were tired of all the returns. Glad you are finding the Wards and the C Temple. One of our trips to Hawaii the ward we visited had 6 diff. languages spoken from the podium, a choice experience and memory. Love ya! Irene in Bellevue

jenn (+ will) said...

helloooooo! you are great at photography and i love hearing about your adventures! so jealous! i am obsessed with sweden. it is my top #1 place to visit that i haven't been to yet. someday i'll be there and i want to hang out with annette and rolf! thanks for sharing!!

sarawhat said...

So I'm a friend of Kelly King's and Austin is friends with my brother (David Powell) I think. Anyways, Kelly told me that you guys were traveling Europe and I just wanted to let you know that we (my husband, two kids, and I)live in Germany (right on the border of the netherlands) near a town called Geilenkirchen (if you wanted to check a map). We have lots of space (great big guestroom)and you guys have a place to stay if you head in this direction! Your adventure looks like so much fun.....let me know if you guys need anything while you're over here! :)
http://www.sarahorrocks.blogspot.com

sarapowell21@hotmail.com

Richelle said...

such GREAT pictures and riding bikes is one of my all-time favorite things to do! how fun that you got to ride all over town. and copenhagen looks beautiful! and the grocery carts? i thik austin would be too tall to even wheel that thing around? the handle looked so short! haha. love it.

The Siple Family said...

What a great post as always! I love that you are in a biking city I love to ride my bike and I don't think enough people ride bike.

Tami said...

I come home from Youth Conference to find a new blog up-date. Yeah ! Incredible pictures Sara. I like the 5 year old comment. I think we would all like to have that luxury. I guess you need small shopping carts to get down those small isles. What wonderful people you have met. You truly have been blessed. Thank you for keeping us up dated. Stay safe Love, Mom

RussellsRoost said...

I am jelouse about the kareokee night!!! That looks like so much fun! What fun people you guys have gotten to meet! That is awesome! Madi and I love looking at the latest and greatest from your blog together! (and then we look at it again with Seth when he comes home from work) We love you guys!

Alea said...

You two are too cute!! You look beautiful, as do all your pictures! I'm so jealous! Of your travels, and your blog. Mine is so plain compared to yours. Hope you're doing well!!