Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Its a bird, Its a plane...

Gonzo the prince....and now THE HERO!!!

I mean literally Gonzo is a hero. So here is a crazy story for all of you, and let me just tell you i wish you were all there cause it was WAY better in person!

and so the story begins....

So on our first day in Madrid we decided to do a little sightseeing. We headed over to a place called Plaza Colon, where there are these huge rocks everywhere. Well we decided to take some pics.....

Gonzo was setting up the tripod and Austin was filming, and while all of this was happening I set down my purse and camera next to me. Well we took some pics, then I went to grab my camera to take some too and......my purse and camera are GONE!! Yes, that is right, GONE!! Instantly my heart jumps into my throat. I look up and both Austin and Gonzo are talking to a guy who is pointing up the street (and telling them in spanish that someone just took my camera and purse and left) Well I jump off the stoop and just start running...for who, I don't even know, I just am so upset I don't know what else to do.
While I'm running, two people intercept me and start talking to me in spanish (way too fast) and keep pointing to the left.... I'm frantic cause I don't know what they are saying to me.
Well I then look to my right and I see Gonzo beating this guy up, holding him in a head lock, giving him a few face punches, and then giving him a good kick. The guy struggles and starts to run away....and all I can think is... this guy isn't holding anything...who the heck is Gonzo beating up?? So I run back to get the stuff that we left over by the rock (that this guy was watching for us).
Austin runs up and I tell him that these two people are pointing up the street, so he hands me a backpack and Gonzo's camera and takes off in that direction.

I'm still in a panic and Gonzo comes running up all bloody and hurt and he is like "do you have your purse??"
I'm like..."NO"
he says "look in the backpack is it all there? "
At this moment I realize I'm holding a backpack that doesn't belong to any of us...I set it down, zip it open....and there it all is!!! my purse and my camera!!!

Okay.....so now that you heard everything from my point of view...let me just tell you what REALLY happened (the part I didn't see).

After the guy pointed that someone took my stuff....Gonzo just ran around the rock looking for the guy. Apparently the thief took my stuff and shoved it in his backpack. Gonzo knew immediately and ran up behind the guy, tripped him, then took the backpack from him. He then told him he was taking him to the police and the guy started to get away. So Gonzo hands the back pack over to Austin and then goes running after the thief. That is where I saw him...beating up a guy that was empty handed.
Meanwhile (the thief's friends) were telling me to run in the opposite direction giving him time to get away.... which is where Austin started running..

Ha ha but little did we know was that Gonzo had already retrieved my stuff and was trying to take the thief to the police!!!

Honestly I don't know what we would have done if Gonzo wasn't there. First off I would have been looking for a guy holding a purse, and never would have looked for a guy with a backpack. Plus me and Austin were looking in the opposite direction!!!

So the story ends so happily!! I got my stuff back!! Gonzo honestly saved the day....I would be without my camera, wallet, i-touch, money, and left with a headache of problems to deal with!


here are some of Gonzo's battle wounds


ha ha this shirt used to be white....THANK YOU GONZO!!!!!!

11 comments:

Gonzo said...

hahahaha, its been the best story so far, once everything ended and we start telling each version, it was like the movie "crash" three stories that they end up joining together...
I have to add a part:
When the worker was trying to tell us that the camera got stolen, Austin and I thought that he was asking if we could take a picture, then i realized that he was saying that someone took our things, and Austin thought that he was pointing somewhere were we had a better shot. So while i was running on one direction and Sara on another, Austin was going the same way i was, but walking, to see what a nice shot we had from the other site of the rock.... hahahaha
Then he realized!!!!!
So much tenssion... but so much fun too....
Hope you had a great time in Madrid...
With Love
Gonzo!
(",)

Happy Paws Dog Boarding said...

Hi Guys,

Oh my gosh!! You are so lucky and Gonzo is a HERO. Just goes to show that you cannot take your eyes off anything.
Sara remember the time you were in Forever 21 and your purse disappeared and you starting screaming at everyone on the store staff, and it turned out to be one of the store employees who had been in on it and they got scared and retrieved the purse for you?
I hope the rest of your visit to Madrid is a little more peaceful. I love you both and now I love Gonzo too!!! xxxxooo

Stacey said...

Oh my gosh!!!!!!! That's so insane! I am SO glad Gonzo was with you to save all your stuff!!! I'm sure you and Austin would've figured it out soon enough, but it still would've probably been too late! I can't even imagine how sick you must've felt-and how sick you would've felt if you didn't get it back!! Hooray for Gonzo!! (And I love that at first Austin was looking for a better place to take a picture-haha that's so awesome!)

Make sure you never let go of your stuff again or have it out of your sight! Soooo scary!!!

Danielle Locken said...

you are one very LUCKY girl!

Anonymous said...

Sara, I almost got pick-pocketed in Madrid also. The guy had his hand in my purse pulling out my wallet when I felt something and grabbed my wallet before he could get it out of my purse. I slugged him and Bob threw him against the wall. Brad was waiting for him to run his way but he and a friend ran the other way. Be careful and never let go of your valuables! You are very blessed! Have fun! Be safe!

The last Unicorn said...

This is such an awesome story! Good thing you had Gonzo around... what a great guy! I am glad you didn't lose your purse. That would be devastating!

Tami Walk said...

What an amazing story ! I can't believe you got your stuff back. I got a kick out of the different versions of the story. Reminded me of "Vantage Point" I can say Gonzo is the BEST friend ever. Thank you Gonzo!!(from Mom) I can't begin to imagine how sad Sara would have been had she lost them forever. Well I must say Austin and Sara your adventures just seem to get better and better. I hope the Lord continues to watch over you. Stay safe Love you, Mom

Whitney said...

Hooray for GONZO, the Hero Prince of Spain. Lesson learned huh? Be careful in Morocco, I'm sure that type of situation is even more common there!

RussellsRoost said...

Holy Crap guys!!! That would have sucked so bad!!! I am so glad that it all worked out fine (except for Gonzos shirt and hand)!! I think you should buy a fanny pack!!

Mia said...

holy cow! that is one crazy story... thankfully you got all your stuff back... i guess it's safe to say you won't be putting your purse of camera down anytime soon!

Richelle said...

daaaaaaang. gonzo is the man. best story, i love all of your adventures!