Saturday, March 27, 2010

Funny N ZED! (That's right, "Z" is prononuced "zed")

Well we have been living in New Zealand now for 3 months, and in that time I have come to notice things...
funny things...
like the fact that people in New Zealand just don't like to wear shoes. To the market, around the street, or pretty much anywhere. Kids just go to school with no shoes on ha ha its very strange

Or their weird traffic rules....

But what I have come to really love are their funny words!! I just am picking up on more and more of them, and I felt that I had to share some of my favorites with you all :)

Jandals- Sandals/flip flops
Nappies- Diapers
Pram- Stroller
Full stop- Period
(like at the end of a sentence (punctuation wise), or if they're trying to emphasize something, like:
"I told you I'm not doing that..period!" They would say, "I told you I'm not doing that...full stop!" ha ha)

Sweet As- Cool/ Awesome
Flash- Fashionable/ Nice ("that car is flash")
Togs- Swimsuit
lollies- Candy
(this one confused me because I thought everyone was talking about lolly pops)
Munted-broken or messed up
Chippies- any kind of chip
Chips- Fries
Park or Parks- parking spot or parking lot ("I cant find a park")

and my all time favorite...."I cant be bothered" ha ha this one is amazing!! People say it all the time. Austin and I went to open a bank account and the manager went up to one of the tellers and said "can you help these two" and she said I CAN'T BE BOTHERED!! and it's totally fine, its just their way of saying I'm busy or I cant, but it sounds like they are being lazy.

1 comments:

Stacey said...

Hahahaha those are awesome! But how does Pram mean stroller???

Cody