Friday, April 16, 2010

My NZed accident

YES I got in an accident.
In a country that is not mine....in a car that wasn't mine....with children that arn't mine....ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Good news, the kids were fine (I think they actually thought it was neat once the initial scary part stopped happening), I was fine, the other driver was fine and it wasn't my fault
Bad news....I totaled their car :(

What happened?? Well I was driving the kids that I nanny for to their play center and I was driving down a two way road, I went to turn right (mind you we drive on the left side of the road, so it would be like turning left) and some guy in a camper van decided to pass me on my right side on a solid yellow line....I turned right we hit I lost control and landed in a ditch.
I cried, freaked out that I killed the kids, panicked cause I am not in America...and then calmed down. All in all everything was okay, but I still felt really bad :(

Some really kind people stopped to help, one pulled the kids out of the car because I couldn't get to them....the other took pictures, another called the cops, and some just consoled me.



phew glad that is over!

7 comments:

Maurice&Tash said...

Glad you're ok!! That's really scary!

Cal said...

Yikes! I'm glad it's over too, and everyone is okay!

The last Unicorn said...

Oh my gosh... I can imagine that you were freaking out! I am so glad you are all ok and at least it wasnt your fault. That always makes it a little better :)

RussellsRoost said...

Oh No!! That is so scary! I hope the parents were understanding about the whole thing? Thats no fun at all!!

CHMomma said...

scary! glad everyone is ok

Mia said...

glad everyone is ok! wow how scary to be in a different country and have something like this happen.

Miles Of Style said...

Gosh...glad to know that all of you're ok! Touchwood!

Persis
http://www.pinkbow.net/