Wednesday, June 24, 2009

BELFAST

Well we arrived in Belfast on Friday afternoon and met up with the couple that we were couch surfing with (its a web site where you meet up with people online and crash at their house, just in case your not sure what that means). It was the first time we were meeting them and seriously they are the coolest and sweetest couple ever we were so lucky! Nikolett and Istvan are both from Hungary and came to Ireland to study English! They were the best hosts ever and live in the cutest flat! We spent 4 nights with them so much fun.... (actually make that 5 im here right now, we just missed them way to much, so we came back)



They had a whole welcome package of pamphets for everything there is to do in Belfast. This is the view from their flat and this is a picture of them.... so cute :)




One night Nikolett cooked us a traditional Hungarian meal...
its called
BAKONYI SZELET.... it was sooooooooo good!



Nikolett took us around Belfast and brought us to see the University and the botanical gardens! I love the pic of Nikolett walking through the tropical gardens :)



Then they both took us to see the Belfast Castle.... How Amazing!!!!



Things I like....
What a fun way to say Yield :)
And if you didnt know I lOVE recycling, these little guys were all o
ver the city, way to GO GREEN!



Things Austin Likes....

Chocolate Milk (from Mike and Spencers)
ha ha caught red handed AGAIN!





Sorry had to share this... me getting my luggage!
Very Monumental ha ha!

well....Belfast was so much fun,

especially now that we met
two great people
that we now call friends!


Well so many pictures so little time but the best is yet to come.... We did a road trip through the country side, which is the true Ireland, green Green GREEN! (and my favorite pictures) Im so excited to share but for now it is time for bed but here is a sneak peek..... ha ha

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for explaining "couch surfing" for us old folks!! What an interesting idea, a big bump up from hostels, eh. So glad your are taking the time to BLOG, I love reading your posts and looking at your amazing photos!You are a great photographer. Gives me some inspiration for my watercolors. Keep having a blast! Love you!
Irenie from Bellevue

The last Unicorn said...

I am glad the couch surfing was a success this first time... I was a little leary about the whole idea, but what a great way to meet new people and really see the area! You guys are so cute... glad you have your luggage :)

KClevenger said...

Love reading these updates, friend :) Looks like you guys are having fun already!!

RussellsRoost said...

I get so excited when you guys have a new post!! I feel like I get to go with you guys to all these places.

Maurice&Tash said...

I feel like i'm traveling through you, but I'm just here in my cubicle (It's Tasha by the way)
You guys have a great camera and take good photos!!

Mia said...

sara.

"couch surfing" i never would have guess you could even do that! Your trip so far seems amazing in every way... I want to go! Can't wait to see more of your trip!

Richelle said...

you are both adventerous during this whole trip... especially the couch surfing! i am glad it turned out so well. How awesome you got bonafide hungarian food already! looking forward to more pictures :)
Richelle

shawna said...

Austin and Sara I'm sooo happy for the liftime and etenity you'll have full of these fun memories. we love you and hope to meet Sara soon, love your cuz shawna,deja,and,joey