Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Ireland Country Side

Well first off I want to say thank you for all of the amazing
comments from everyone! It makes me happy and it feels like
Im really not that far away when I still hear from everyone,
so THANK YOU!


Well the country side in Ireland has by FAR been my favorite part of the beautiful country it is honestly breathtaking! So SO SO much GREEN and cows and sheep ha ha its awesome. You just drive through miles of nothing but fields and then you come to some cute little town I just loved it. So here we go.....

Driving this is a picture from the car...


We went to some very famous places in Ireland.... first was the Carrick-a-rede Rope Bridge its in the most beautiful landscape and you cross this little rope bridge (mom dont look ha ha you would have died) over this big raveen and you cross over to MORE beautiful fields on a rocky ledge it was so awesome!!!


Hiking to the bridge...






This Guy Was SO ANNOYED at me for stopping and posing in the middle of the bridge
(I guess someone was afraid of heights ha ha)


ON THE OTHER SIDE :)




NEXT... we headed over to the Giants Causeway which was soooo cool. I guess the story goes that there was a Giant named Finn McCool and he built the Causeway so that he could go fight his arch-nemesis in Scotland named Brenandonner (cause I guess they have the same thing over across the water in Scotland) Scientifically the columns were caused by volcanic eruptions in these pockets..... all in all it was AWESOME!








MORE pictures of driving through the country side.....



ONE of my favorite towns that we drove through so cute... I love the picture of the boats in the water....



This Town has to be my favorite in Ireland
. Its called Enniskillen and it was so nice I would totally live there! We ate lunch by the river it was the best, and then wandered through town and and found a hidden park all to ourselves overlooking everything... what fun :)
On a side note they had a store called TESCO, and it was the first real grocery store we had been to the whole trip i had a field day buying normal food :) ha ha that made me like the town even more!






This sign is the BEST... watch out for those Elderly People you never know when they might dash out in the middle of the street ha ha


Lastly we Drove all the way to Galway to see the CLIFFS OF MOHER we got there and slept in our car (worst night of sleep ive ever had ha ha me and Austin curled up in the back of the car with the seats down) But it was amazing because we were literally the only ones there when we woke up so we got to see the cliffs all alone and it was so amazing and peaceful!



Watch out! you might fall off the cliffs ha ha


Duh duh DUUUHHH....Last But not least...... my cow experience! Well we were driving by so many fields of cows and sheep that I asked Austin to pull over so I could take a picture. ha ha this made me laugh so hard.... after I got out of the car and started to walk over to take a picture it was like when someone walks into a dance club and the record scratches and everyone stops and stares.... they all stopped eating and just starred at me. Then once I got to the fence all the cows walked toward me and then just stood there right in front of me and stared at me ha ha with just no reaction. No matter what I did yell or laugh or wave grass in their faces they just stood there and stared! oh I still laugh when I think about it :) Then once I got back in the car they all dispersed and went back to eating. ha ha crazy cows!!


And that is it for Ireland!!
Next is Scotland and SWEDEN :)

11 comments:

Tami Walk said...

That was the best up-date ever! Thanks for the history and the funny sidenote stories. The man on the bridge, elderly sign and the cows were my favorite..! Your pics are beautiful and so creative. We miss you. Stay safe
Love Mom

Unknown said...

Ditto to everything Tami said. Keep posting I love to see the world with you. The man on the bridge still has me laughing. Lots of love,

Cal said...

You guys are having so much fun!! I also love love the cow story. I pictured it perfectly with your description of the famous club scene where every stops. So great!

Whitney said...

I want to go to Ireland so bad now! You two are so adorable. I'm glad you found a grocery store, how was the Irish Cuisine anyway?

The last Unicorn said...

I love those signs! I can imagine a few that would be good in this area. I won't say, because I don't want to offend anyone :)
Ireland looks amazing! Are you reading the book club book??? I imagine Guernsey being all green like that. Love you!

Richelle said...

i loved the pictures! so beautiful. and i seriously laughed whe i saw that old man pointing you to keep going while you were posing on the rope bridge. classic. have fun! i can't wait to see the pictures of scotland, jason and i have been wanting to go there.

Anonymous said...

Love your sense of humor, laughed all the way through your posts. You find the best signs ever, glad you are sharing them. I loving the tour, keep posting! Love you!
Irenie from Bellevue

Ash Kelley said...

You guys are awesome! Thanks for sharing all the pictures! Its like a mini vacation for all of us. I want to live there! What can you do besides be a sheep herder their?

Mia said...

I love the picture of you on the bridge. That was funny. I think it's so great that you both get to travel like this together. I wish bill and I had done something like this before all the career starting and house hunting.

You take beautiful pictures I feel like I'm standing right there! Can't wait to hear and see more of your adventures!!!!

Love you guys

Tam said...

Wow! What fun!!! And oh so beautiful!

melissa said...

hahahaha!!!!!!!!! KEEP MOVING!! I am dying!