Thursday, November 19, 2009

Egypt Part ONE

Cairo Egypt

First I want to give a shout out to Turkish Airlines....pretty much amazing! We took a flight at 11:30 at night to Cairo Egypt and the flight was only 1 hour and 55 min and they gave us a full blown menu and meal!!! Now THAT is my kind of airline!!


This was sooo good (roasted veggies, rice and beef kebabs) Is that weird? Good airplane food?

We got into Cairo Airpot at 2 in the morning so we slept there till about 8 and then headed out to go see the pyramids....they were so awesome!




I just had to do this....Its like not leaning on the leaning tower of Pisa ha ha



I loved the Sphinx and Pyramids they were so massive....and amazing!

next it was time to get some dinner before we took the bus to Dahab...

so we had THIS... its kosheri (im not sure if I spelled that right) but Austin swore it was tasty tasty...and he was right!! YUM! Its like noddle goodness!


Crazy Cairo...


These were just some random lights but they were hanging all over the city....I thought they were so cool

Cairo was the craziest city that I have ever been to, but I had such a good time :)

Off to Dahab and to climb mount Sinai!!!

8 comments:

RussellsRoost said...

So cool! I really like all the food pictures you send. I always wonder what kind of food other people eat. Our food must seem really strange to them. And those lights are so cute! Do they turn them on at night?

Richelle said...

i love the lights! are they actually plugged in to anything where they get turned on at night, or are they just decor for the daytime? that airplane food looks amazing. definitely never had anything that looks that appealing on any planes here in the states

Ryan Southwell said...

Please tell me that's the 7D in action. For some reason the images look so much more rich and yummy. Egypt looks awesome.

Rhett Maurice Billen said...

I hope you drank a coke after your koshari. . . lucky, you had corn in yours. . .

reefonline said...

you aint gonna make me jealous!
i love my office, i have a computer, spotify, a really bad coffy machine and a "great" boss.... who wants to see pyramids when you can spend your whole day working in a very nice looking suit???
i might even start a blog on my life at work!
hahahahaha
you guys keep it up! its like a little window to the worls and makes me smile :)
thanks!

Alea said...

It is so beautiful there! How long are you two planning on playing in Europe?? I'm hoping to go to Germany sometime in 2010 but haven't figured out when yet. If you're still in Europe, we should rendevouz!!

Hi! said...

More amazing pics! The pyramids and
sphinx must have been incredible to see with your own eyes. The food looks delish and you two look great as well. Gotta love those little lights too!
Love, Irene in Bellevue

Miles Of Style said...

ooooh this brings back lovely memories of my trip to Egypt last year....I loved kosheri too...and that pic with the spynx is so awesome...did u get a chance to sample those lovely Egyptian oils and perfumes at Giza?