Thursday, November 5, 2009

Turkey part 3

Ephesus!!
Its an ancient Roman and Greek city on the west coast of Anatolia, it is absolutely amazing, and the coolest thing is you can touch and crawl in and out of everything I loved it! And to think that Apostle Paul preached all over this city, it made it so special!

One of my favorite parts of the whole city was the Library of Celsus, it was incredible!!
there was so much detail, it was beautiful!

little fact: It used to hold about 12,000 scrolls....so neat!


this was on the wall inside the library...it looked so cool!





just some more sites, I loved all of the columns
So while we were walking around and exploring we found this building that we had to crawl to, we got even more curious and ended up hoisting ourselves up onto these barred window sills....behind the bars were all of these tombs, or tomb stones, it was amazing!! Definitely something that was NOT on the tour.

So another one of my favorite parts of Ephesus was the Theater, It was HUGE and so amazing. Austin even did a little ballet performance there (secret footage in the video)

little fact: Used to seat around 44,000





Ephesus was fascinating and such a fun way to end our week tour along the coast of Turkey!!

4 comments:

Maurice&Tash said...

I often wonder how they were able to build such beautiful long last structures without the technology of today. Incredible.

Alea said...

Sara, that is so beautiful!! I can't believe what an awesome adventure you guys are on. I'm a little jealous. Okay, who am I kidding, I'm a LOT jealous!! I love keeping up with your blogs and looking at all your pictures. Isn't Europe so beautiful?!

Richelle said...

Finding things off of the tour, like tombstones? You guys are amazing. Great pictures

Anonymous said...

Guys I love the pictures... Looks like you are still having so much fun!! I didn't know Austin was so athletic. Well I guess he did always want to be a Gladiator!!!!! Dad