Sunday, November 1, 2009

Pamukkale

next...PAMUKKALE (means "Cotton Castle" in Turkish)

These hot springs have been around since the second centruy BC, and the Romans used them to bathe. Basically they are hot springs that are on travertine, and limestone which is what give it that white snowy look. ha ha a little science for you

So after Cappadocia we headed over to the next natural wonder...and it was amazing! We got there late so we thought we should go check it out at night....it was so awesome!!

I totally felt like I was walking on the moon, and it was awesome because there was NO ONE there so we had the most amazing view all to ourselves.



I love this picture!!after our night exploring....we were ready for our day adventure

Next morning we put on our bathing suits, and went to play in the water....


just lounging in some streams
I loved the pools they were so cool
ha ha Austin totally submergedThen after you hike up all of the hot springs they have all of these roman ruins up top it was so so cool!


Such an amazing place, we loved it so much!!!

10 comments:

Maurice&Tash said...

Those pools themselves are enticing. Your night exploration photos are ones you'll want to frame. I love it!

Mia said...

WOW beautiful! I want to come join you guys!!!

Richelle said...

that looks so awesome! thanks for the little science lesson :)

RussellsRoost said...

Wow! It totally looks like you guys were on the moon! Are you sure you weren't??? I mean, it wouldn't suprise me at this point!
Love you guys!!!

Happy Paws Dog Boarding said...

Turkey is so amazing. So not like what I would have expected. I thought of it more like Europe. Wow, the pictures you took really capture the beauty and the unbelievable history. Great stuff!!!

Love and miss you, Mom

Hi! said...

What a beautiful place, thanks for the great picturs. The Springs are beautiful. Every world traveler I have spoken to has told me that above all, Turkey was their favorite destination. Have fun!
Love, Irene in Bellevue

Rebecca Luke said...

So amazing! Thanks so much for sharing and posting. It gives me an opportunity to see things that I am almost sure that I will never see in my lifetime, but in a personal perspective. Beautiful.

KClevenger said...

Cool pics, friend :)

j said...

Sara, those night photos are completely breathtaking. they were instantly pulled into my inspiration folder. - i wish i was there, it looks ridiculously amazing, rare and so unbelievably beautiful!! -- miss you!!!

Anonymous said...

I recently discovered your blog and I just love it!!! Let me start by saying WOW!!!! and i mean all... the great places you´ve been to, the beautiful pictures... thnx for sharing all that!
So, how much longer will you be traveling? are you guys taking a sabbatical year?